Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Prospect List Results

As you can see my current screening criteria could use some adjusting since it only returned 16 stocks. Ideally we would like around 20 to work with, so I need to soften my search criteria a little. I suspect that since the DOW has recently climbed back over 9000 some of the stocks that used to come up on the list have dropped off because their dividend yield has dropped below 2% which is not uncommon as the overall market trends up and down. So the most common adjustment is to raise or lower the dividend yield. In this case I softened the criteria by 0.25% to 1.75% and two more popped up on the list. Now we have 18 to work with that puts us in the ballpark. Usually only one adjustment is needed.

I also added three other quality stocks that I like although they don't meet the standard prospect list criteria. Our handy criteria has successfully weeded out thousands of stocks and produced a solid list of quality stocks to work with.

Prospect List Screening Results
ABT Abbott Laboratories
ADP Automatic Data Processing
AVP Avon
CAT Caterpillar
XOM ExxonMobil
FII Federated Investors
GD General Dynamics
JNJ Johnson & Johnson
MDT Medtronic
NVS Novartis AG
PAYX Paychex
PEP PepsiCo
RHHBY Roche Holding AG
PG Procter & Gamble
VMC Vulcan Materials
WMT Wal-Mart

New Prospects from lowering the Dividend Yield to 1.75%
CTAS Cintas
NKE Nike

Prior Prospects & Other Quality Stocks I Like
O Realty Income
UNP Union Pacific
UPS United Parcel Service

Next up: Step 2 - Narrowing down the prospects

No comments:

Post a Comment